The First Day of the Term
The first day of the term is considered your first day of class for the majority of eLearning courses. You will need to log into Canvas on that day and complete any preliminary assignments your instructor may have for you. If you do not it is just like not showing up to the first day of an on-campus class and the instructor may drop you for non-attendance.
NOTE: Some hybrids may not be available to you until after your first on-campus meeting. If you log into Canvas and do not see the hybrid course you may want to email your instructor for clarification.
As you begin your first day of class please keep the following in mind:
- If you log into Canvas and don't see your classes be aware that instructors have until noon to make their course available to you. If it is after noon and you still do not see the class do the following:
- email your instructor letting them know you are looking for the course.
- let eLearning know which class you are not seeing.
- keep checking Canvas and your email for a response from your instructor.
- It is a good idea to log in to your course earlier rather than later that way if you run into any technical difficulties you can contact eLearning for support.
- If you are unable to log into Canvas until later or not at all on the first day of the term ALWAYS communicate this with your instructor via email and ask them how they would like you to proceed.
- Once you have logged in to Canvas spend some time in each of your classes:
- find your syllabus and read thoroughly.
- get familiar with how your instructor has the class designed. Just like a traditional on-campus class, each eLearning class is going to be different depending on the instructor.
- find any introductory assignments that your instructor has for you to complete.
NOTE: If you register after the first day of the quarter contact your instructor to let them know you have joined the class and then follow the steps above. You should have access to your class within about an hour of registering.